Piles are swollen veins in your anus and lower rectum, they can develop inside the rectum, or under the skin around the anus.
Piles generally cause discomfort and call for concern.
SYMPTOMS OF PILES
Depending on the type, piles present symptoms which include:
- Itching and irritation in your anal region
- Swelling/redness/soreness around your anus
- Bleeding (which may be painful or not)
- A hard lump near your anus
What causes Pile?
The veins around your anus tend to stretch under pressure, and may swell or bulge. Piles can develop from increased pressure in the lower rectum.
Pressure in the lower rectum may be due to the following:
- Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Having anal intercourse
- A low fiber diet
- Regular Heavy lifting
Treatment of pile
Home remedies such as;
- Eating high-fiber diet
- Soaking your anal area in plain warm water for 10-15 minutes two to three times a day.
- Take oral pain relievers to help relieve pain
If your piles produce mild discomfort, your doctor might recommend use of products that relieves itching and pain (hydrocortisone, lidocaine, or witch hazel). Examples; over-the-counter creams, ointments, suppositories or pads.